Microsoft Azure, formerly known as Windows Azure, is Microsoft’s public cloud computing platform. It provides a range of cloud services, including compute, analytics, storage and networking. Users can pick and choose from these services to develop and scale new applications, or run existing applications in the public cloud.
How does Microsoft Azure work?
Once customers subscribe to Azure, they have access to all the services included in the Azure portal. Subscribers can use these services to create cloud-based resources, such as virtual machines (VM) and databases.
In addition to the services that Microsoft offers through the Azure portal, a number of third-party vendors also make software directly available through Azure. The cost billed for third-party applications varies widely but may involve paying a subscription fee for the application, plus a usage fee for the infrastructure used to host the application.
Basics of Azure Kubernetes Services
Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) is a fully-managed service that allows you to run Kubernetes in Azure without having to manage your own Kubernetes clusters. Azure manages all the complex parts of running Kubernetes, and you can focus on your containers. Basic features include:
- Pay only for the nodes (VMs)
- Easier cluster upgrades
- Integrated with various Azure and OSS tools and services
- Kubernetes RBAC and Azure Active Directory Integration
- Enforce rules defined in Azure Policy across multiple clusters
- Kubernetes can scale your Nodes using cluster autoscaler
- Expand your scale even greater by scheduling your containers on Azure Container Instances.
USE CASES OF AKS
- Easily migrating existing applications to Kubernetes
- Simplifying the deployment and management of microservices-based applications
- Easily integrated DevSecOps
- IoT device deployment and management on demand
- Machine Learning model training with AKS
- AKS is also ideal for simplifying the deployment and management of applications based on microservices. The streamlined horizontal scaling, secret management, self-healing, and load balancing by AKS provide the necessary support.
Azure is a key differentiator for Finastra. Microsoft combines first-class technology with world-class brand recognition to create instant impact for our customers.